For individuals who find dental care frightening, sedation is a relaxing and effective solution. We offer this service to help you feel comfortable and at ease during your visit.
Dental fear can be a powerful deterrent from receiving much needed care. In some cases, quite minor procedures can induce severe anxiety, leading people to avoid dental care for many years. If you have been postponing that long overdue appointment because you fear the sound of the drill or the thought of potential pain, schedule a consultation at Richmond Smile Center to find out if sedation dentistry is right for you.
Now you have a safe, pleasant, and simple way to relieve the pain, embarrassment, and hidden costs of untreated dental problems. At last, you have the chance to regain your oral health and beautiful smile.
About sedation dentistry
Dental sedation allows the patient to relax in comfort throughout the appointment. Most people remain awake, but they feel peaceful and calm. In combination with a carefully applied numbing agent, this technique allows our patients to enjoy a truly pleasant, relaxing, and virtually pain-free experience.
Are you a good candidate for oral conscious sedation?
You might want to consider sedation if:
- You fear needles
- You’ve had negative dental experiences in the past
- Severe decay or other serious dental problem are impacting your health and quality of life
- You have low pain tolerance, or you fear pain
- The smell or sound of a dental drill bothers you
- You feel dental pain constantly
How does it feel to be sedated?
Conscious oral sedation differs from general anesthesia in many ways. The sedative medication is delivered via a convenient pill rather than IV. Additionally, it does not force complete unconsciousness. You may feel drowsy, or as if you are taking a “catnap,” but you will be able to wake up at any time.
Yes, you can relax and experience dentistry without the stress, fear, and pain that you expect. Call Richmond Smile Center at 804.417.7203 and schedule a consultation today.
- Dealing With Dental Fear in Richmond - How patients in Richmond are dealing with dental fear
- Sedation Dentistry Techniques in Richmond - Overcoming fear in Richmond with Sedation Dentistry and gentle techniques