Dr. Charles Martin
What We Stand For
"I am against the status quo in dentistry. Too many people are anxious and afraid. Too many lose their teeth. Too many have dentistry that doesn’t last. Too many get way behind with their teeth and don’t know where to turn. Too many people don’t realize the huge effects of their oral health on their total body health. Too many people are robbed of the joys of living, laughing, and loving life that could be theirs. Too many people live shorter lives because of their teeth.
I am here to change all that – to make a real difference for my patients.
Dr. Charles Martin
Dr. Charles Martin is a senior diagnostician who gives his time to teach other doctors both inside and outside the practice. He utilizes his extensive training and experience to keep your teeth healthy, or, if necessary, to treat even the most challenging dental situations. He has been delivering cosmetic, implant, and functional solutions to patients for over 30 years. His commitment to “doing it right” and ability to “handle just about anything” has won him the admiration of patients and other doctors.
Dr. Martin was born in Bristol, Virginia, and grew up across the street in Bristol, Tennessee. He graduated from Virginia Tech and moved to Richmond in 1975. He met his wife, Holly, on a blind date and was married on a steamy July night in 1977. They have 5 children – 4 girls and 1 boy. An active part of the Richmond community, Dr. Martin is a member of Leadership Metro Richmond, former president of his local community association and past president of Virginia Tech Alumni of Richmond.
Post Doctoral Training
- Graduate of Virginia Tech B.S. Biology 1975
- Graduate of Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry 1979
- Misch Implant Institute
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Education
- L.D. Pankey Institute
- Summa Cum Laude Graduate of Cosmetic Dentistry program at Case Western Reserve University
- Trained in many, many programs with the top dentists, both nationally and internationally
Dr. Martin has been an instructor at:
- Georgetown University School of Dentistry
- Medical College Of Virginia School Of Dentistry
- National Lecturer and Instructor for Other Dentists
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- L.D. Pankey Foundation
- Academy of General Dentistry
- International Academy of Dentofacial Esthetics
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Richmond Dental Society
- Virginia Dental Association
- American Academy of Oral Systemic Health
Recognitions and Awards:
- Co-captain of the Virginia Tech football team
- Frank Loria award for scholarship and athletic achievement (twice)
- Recognized by the ODK National Leadership Honorary Society
- In the Who’s Who in American College and Universities.
Dental Recognitions and Awards:
This special recognition is by nomination only and includes the top facial and appearance related health care therapists and researchers in the world.
- Master in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow in the American College of Oral Implantologists (Dental Implants)
- Fellow in the International Academy of Dentofacial Esthetics (Cosmetic Dentistry).
- Diplomate of the American Board of Implantology
Other Important Recognitions:
- Master in the Academy of General Dentistry.
This is a top-level honor coveted by general dentists available only to those who have first become a Fellow. It required several hundred hours of rigorous lectures and actual treatment of patients to meet its requirements.
- Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Dr. Martin is one of a very select group of Dentists awarded this international honor. He is one of the few dentists in the state to perform both the surgical and reconstructive phases of implant dentistry for over 20 years and with an impressive 90% plus success rate of treatment for that period.