Improve means to make something better. Enhance is to intensify existing good qualities. A competent smile makeover should do both. Why? Because the appearance of your teeth, gums, and lips impacts the aesthetics of your whole face. Because you smile more readily when you know you look terrific, and that opens many doors socially and professionally. And maybe most of all because you simply deserve to love your reflection in the mirror.
With that much impact on your look and your life, it is important to take time to choose the right Richmond area dentist for your cosmetic smile makeover. Here are some points to think about:
- What do real people have to say about the dentist you are considering? The Internet puts a wealth of first-hand feedback at your fingertips. Check for testimonials on the dentist's own website and social media profiles. There are also many independent consumer review sites on the web. If you are comfortable sharing your personal goals for cosmetic dentistry, also ask family members, friends, and co-workers for their recommendations in the Richmond area.
- Check credentials. Any dentist who is licensed to practice in Virginia may legally perform cosmetic smile makeovers. However, that license is no guarantee of a naturally artistic eye, an appreciation for color and symmetry, special training in aesthetic procedures, or experience. Seek a dentist with a well-rounded background, educational credentials beyond the minimum required, and participation in professional associations.
- Look for a customized methodology. There is no room for a cookie cutter approach to your smile, your face, your wallet, and your life. A smile makeover should be as unique as the individual patient is. Only a dentist who offers a full range of cosmetic services from teeth whitening to porcelain veneers, dental implants, crowns and bridges, dentures, and more can truly individualize a smile makeover.
- Practical considerations. Your smile makeover may be a simple one visit procedure, or phased in over time with several appointments. Either way, the experience will be most pleasant if you know you are in competent hands. Location and office hours convenient to you are nice, but most important is the right Doctor to get your work done. This why people from all over the US and the world come to Dr Martin.
- Dental insurance doesn't usually cover cosmetic procedures, so check for payment options that suit your budget, too. Finally, you have to feel at home at the practice. Is the staff professional yet friendly and discreet? Are you comfortable talking with the dentist, and given plenty of time to ask questions? Is the atmosphere modern and upbeat?
Dr. Martin and his team at Richmond Smile Center are confident that these steps will lead you to their front door for a professional cosmetic smile makeover consultation. Your journey to a new look begins with a call to 804.417.7203.
Back To Cosmetic Dentistry Home Page