Cosmetic medical procedures, overall, continue to increase because of the ease, accessibility, and affordability of treatments that can enhance our bodies, faces, and smiles. Advances in technology and the techniques to change our appearances have created less invasive, safer, and less time-consuming options for many individuals.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures have grown as well, with Americans spending more than $2.5 billion on procedures annually. The top ten most popular dental procedures to enhance smile aesthetics include:
- Dental crowns to change the shape or color of a tooth, protect and hide a damaged tooth, or top a dental implant
- Teeth whitening for an immediate and dramatic transformation that can erase years off of the face
- Dental bonding to cover chips and imperfections
- Dental bridges to replace one to several missing teeth
- Dental implants for replacement of the tooth root for greater stability and durability
- Porcelain veneers to redesign the visible part of the smile for whiter, straighter, and more even teeth
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Full or partial dentures to replace an entire arch or series of missing teeth
- Treatment for gummy smiles
- Full smile makeovers
Charles Martin, DDS, is an experienced and board-certified doctor of dental surgery and the founder of the Richmond Smile Center who understands the significant benefits that cosmetic dentistry can offer, including:
- Restore functionality of the teeth and comfort when eating or speaking
- Enhance oral hygiene by straightening teeth and allowing better access for cleaning
- Boost confidence in work and home relationships
- Elevate self-esteem
- Reverse the signs of aging
With more than 30 years as a leader in dental care, Dr. Martin has become known for his knowledge and skill in dental medicine and has been designated as one of a premier group of physicians who hold a Fellowship in the International Academy of Dentofacial Esthetics for outstanding cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Martin is also an author of three books, a peer mentor, lecturer, and award-winning clinician and diagnostician.
Richmond Smile Center offers a comprehensive array of cosmetic dentistry services and complimentary consultation. To find out how cosmetic dentistry can enhance your quality of life, contact us today at 804.417.7203 or visit our beautifully appointed office at 11201 Huguenot Road, Richmond, VA 23235.
Last Updated - August 2015
Back To Cosmetic Dentistry Home Page